THE ONE AND ONLY...Kammie Maschue

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Definition of SPIRITUAL GIANT


SO i know this girl named Katie Maschue! You could say that we are related...lol she's my twin! Today she gave a talk in church about the power of the atonement. I don't think there was one person in that congregation who wasn't feeling the spirit! It was amazing! She talked about an experience she had with my little sister Alex. Alex was having a hard time and felt as though she had no friends. When she got into high school Katie and Alex became the best of friends. When Katie graduated they were both so sad. Once we started college we would call Alex every once in a while and she would tell us she was doing good and would leave it at that. When we went home for Christmas we would go hang out with our friends that we went to high school with. One night Katie got a call from my mom. She was asked to come home because Alex was crying and she needed someone to comfort her. Katie began to talk to her and asked Alex what was the matter. Alex started balling and replied " I feel like i have no one...i have no friends" Katie went on and told her that she is not alone, and that she has a loving heavenly father who knows what she is going threw and knows how she can get threw it. Alex has been doing better! It was a testimony to me :) To see how heavenly father works. I know that he knows what we are going threw and that he has the power to heal our broken hearts. As alone as we may feel at times, we have to remember that Christ is really there, and that he is carrying us threw our lives. I love the atonement and the blessings and comfort it brings to my life. I'm so glad i was able to go listen to her talk. Love you Kate!

2 comments: